Pre-1910 St. Louis City
Death Register Transcripts
The St. Louis City Recorder and Registrar provides Certified Transcript services for
Pre-1910 St. Louis City Death Registers.
Photocopying Death Register originals for the public is not possible.
- St. Louis City's Death Registers are
handwritten ledgers measuring up to 22 inches by 19 inches per page.
- Many have entries extending over two pages.
- The paper is very frail.
- The ink on many pages has faded.
Instead, Vital Records staff transcribe entries from the Registers and produce typed Certified facsimiles.
Death Register Transcript Service subject to:
- Completion and accuracy of Copy Application by customer
- Death Record Restrictions
- Death Register Fees and Payment Method
- Availability of Vital Records staff to transcribe the Birth Register Entry
- Customer volume the day of request
Retrieving information from the original Death Register and producing the transcript is labor intensive. Death Register Transcript requests may not receive same day service.
|Use this Form to Request
a Pre-1910 St. Louis City
Certified Death Register Transcript
Customers are encouraged to submit Death Register Transcript requests by mail instead of filing requests in person.
- Complete Form, including copy of ID
Mail Completed Form with Fee and
(or add 50¢ for mailing) to:
Pre-1910 Vital Records
c/o Death Records
St. Louis City Recorder and Registrar
City Hall, Room 124, 1200 Market Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63103
Contact 314.613.3018 - E-mail
Completed Form and Payment due
in advance of services.
- Please do not call for record look-ups.
- Please do not e-mail copy requests.