Thank You For Your Service
Free Military Discharge Copies to Veterans and Surviving Spouses
Military Discharge Copies
- Military Discharges recorded with Missouri Recorders of Deeds are closed records. Discharges are not available for genealogy or other research purposes.
- A copy of a Military Discharge may be made only for the Veteran, surviving spouse, and certain third parties defined by State law.
- A copy may be made for a Veteran or surviving spouse at no cost.
- Copy of Applicant's Driver's License or State Identification Card must accompany copy request.
- Applicant's name and address on License or Identification Card must match Applicant's mailing address of Copy Request Form.
|Use this Form to Request a
Copy of Your Military
Discharge recorded with
the St. Louis City Recorder
Mail or Bring your Copy Request Form to:
Military Discharge Records
c/o Death Records
St. Louis City Recorder and Registrar
City Hall, Room 124, 1200 Market Street
St. Louis, Missouri 63103
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Contact 314.613.3031 - E-mail
If you recorded your Discharge papers with another Missouri county Recorder of Deeds or an Illinois Recorder of Deeds, you will need to contact that Recorder for a copy.